After glibly dismissing the weak anthropic principle and multiverse proposals, Dembski and Witt propose ID as the most reasonable solution.
What does WAP stand for?
WAP stands for weak anthropic principle
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of WAP
We have 159 other meanings of WAP in our Acronym Attic
- War and Peace (Tolstoy novel)
- Warning Annunciator Panel
- Washington Apple Pi
- Waste Acceptance Process
- Waste Acceptance Product
- Waste Analysis Plan (WIPP)
- Water Allocation Planning (various organizations)
- Watershed Agricultural Program (New York)
- Watershed Assessment Procedure (forestry industry)
- Wavelength Assignment Problem
- Weapon Alternative Processor
- Weapon Appraisal Process
- Weatherization Assistance Program
- Web Access Project (National Center for Accessible Media)
- Web Affiliate Program
- Web Application Projects (Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 add-in)
- Web Application Proxy (software; Microsoft)
- Weighted Average Price
- What A Plonker
- Whey Acidic Protein
Samples in periodicals archive:
This is often called the Weak Anthropic Principle (often abbreviated as WAP) and is nowadays generally dismissed as a poor argument in favor of God's existence.
Although unquestioned, the Weak Anthropic Principle offers no insight as to why the universe is this way.