They guard the throat and protect against upper respiratory tract infections.
What does URIs stand for?
URIs stands for upper respiratory tract infections
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of URIs
- Unité de Recherche Interdisciplinaire en Intervention Clinique (French)
- Union for Representative International Internet Cooperation and Analysis
- Ugra Research Institute of Information Technologies (Khanty-Mansiysk, Siberia, Russia)
- Undergraduate Research Internship Program (various locations)
- Undergraduate Research Involvement Program (Columbia University; New York, NY)
- University Research Instrumentation Program
- Urban Rural Initiative Program (Maine)
- Umwelt Rechts Informations System (German: Environmental Law Information System; database)
- Underwater Robotic Intelligent System (marine technology)
- Unions Régionales des Ingénieurs et Scientifiques (French: Regional Union of Engineers and Scientists)
- Urban and Regional Information Systems Association
- Undergraduate Research, Innovation, Scholarship and Creativity
- University Research Initiative Support Program (est. 1994; US DoD)
- Undergraduate Research Implementation Team
- University of Rhode Island Transportation Center (Kingston, RI)
- Your Recommendation Is Requested
- Union for Reform Judaism
- Union Ridge Jacket
- Uraj (Russia)
- Universidad Rey Juan Carlos (Spanish, Madrid)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Antibacterial activity of the extract was demonstrated in liquid-cultured strains of pathogenic bacteria often found in association with upper respiratory tract infections.
Doctors recommend influenza vaccine Flu increasing by 25 per cent with changing weather conditions + box Abu Dhabi Doctors advise patients to receive the seasonal flu vaccine this month to avoid upper respiratory tract infections that are known to increase by 25 per cent with changing weather conditions.
[FIGURE 1 OMITTED] Risk of harm by not treating upper respiratory tract infections Campaigns to reduce antibiotic prescribing for mild respiratory infections have been successful in several countries.
Diagnoses of upper respiratory tract infections were accompanied by pulmonary problems in 5% of cases, cardiovascular comorbidities in 4%, gastrointestinal problems in 3%, endocrine problems in 2%, and oncological comorbidities in less than 2%.
A 9-month-old girl had a 4-week history of intermittent fever, recurrent upper respiratory tract infections, and failure to thrive.