This backlog of unfolded proteins triggers a response in the cell called the unfolded protein response (UPR).
What does UPR stand for?
UPR stands for unfolded protein response
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of UPR
We have 58 other meanings of UPR in our Acronym Attic
- Uplink Pilot Time Slot
- Unindexed Powder Pattern of the Week (diffraction)
- Uninterruptible Power Quality (Power Innovations International)
- Unrestricted Polar Quantization
- Unified Power Quality Conditioner
- Upper Peninsula Quarter Horse Association
- United Professionals for Quality Health Care (Wisconsin)
- Unified Power Quality Index (electricity)
- Unconditional Positive Regard
- Unearned Premium Reserve (insurance)
- Unia Polityki Realnej (Polish political party)
- Uniform Progress Report (US government)
- Union for Progress and Renewal (Guinea)
- Union Pacific Railroad
- Union Patronale Régionale (French: Regional Employers' Union; France)
- Union Populaire pour la République (French: People's Union for the Republic, Central African Republic)
- Union Populaire Républicaine (French political party)
- Unit Performance Record
- Unité Pédagogique Régionale (French: Regional Educational Unit)
- United Piston Ring (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Among the unifying themes are that core unfolded protein response factors are conserved among all species active in the decay, and that particular mRNA-associated proteins are important to it.
Cells rely on a very sensitive system known as the unfolded protein response (UPR) to guard against the cellular stress caused by protein folding problems.