Changes in TVB-N and TMA-N during canning of albacore (Thunnus alalunga) tuna and reported that increase in total volatile base nitrogen and loss of trimethylamine oxide .
What does TMAO stand for?
TMAO stands for trimethylamine oxide
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of TMAO
We have 1 other meaning of TMAO in our Acronym Attic
- Theater Major Assembly Management System
- The Martial Arts Network
- Thermal Measurement Awareness Network
- Total Microbial Amino-Acid-N
- trimellitic anhydride
- Trusted Manager
- Treasury Management Association of New England (Wareham, MA)
- Telecommunications Managers Association of New Jersey
- Treasury Management Association of New York (New York, NY)
- Theater Mortuary Affairs Officer (US DoD)
- Troop Movement Assignment Order
- Tarang Mobile Application Platform
- Telecommunications Monitoring and Assessment Program (US Air Force)
- Teleoperated Mobile Antiarmor Platform
- Tell Madaba Archaeological Project
- Temperature Manifold Absolute Pressure (sensor)
- Test Management Approach (Sogeti Nederland B.V.)
- Texas Medication Algorithm Project
- Threat Management and Protection, Inc (Huntington Beach, CA)
- Threat Model and Analysis Program
Samples in periodicals archive:
For the vast majority of people this is of no concern because the trimethylamine is converted in the liver to odourless trimethylamine oxide, which is then excreted in the urine, n the case of fish odour syndrome, not enough of the enzyme (trimethylamine oxidase) needed to carry out this conversion in the liver is produced due to a faulty gene inherited from both parents (known as a recessive trait).
Trimethylamine oxide (TMO) is broken down to formaldehyde and dimethylamine by the enzyme TMOase when cod fish are frozen and stored.