All areas of blind and buried via testing, including defects per million vias, registration yields, coefficient of variation, and thermal cycling show significantly higher performance than the through-hole via test results from all suppliers.
What does THV stand for?
THV stands for through-hole via (electronics)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of THV
We have 21 other meanings of THV in our Acronym Attic
- The Highly-Unoptimized Rasterizer Project (software)
- The Human Roles In Space
- Turkish-Hellenic Union Solutions
- Thyroid Hormone Uptake Test
- Time-Hopping Ultra-Wide Band
- Taille-Hüft Verhältnis (German: Waist-Hip Ratio)
- Terminal Hepatic Vein
- The Hackers Voice (UK)
- Total Hand Value (quality measure of fabrics)
- Total Hazard Value
- Transcatheter Heart Valve (cardiology)
- Trial Home Visit (child services)
- True Home Value (home improvement supplies; Louisville, KY)
- Tennis en Hockeyvereniging Barendrecht (Dutch: Tennis and Hockey Association Barendrecht)
- Thomson-Hood Veterans Center (WIlmore, Kentucky)
- Total Harmonic Voltage Distortion
- Total Hepatic Vascular Exclusion
- Thousand Hills Venture Fund
Samples in periodicals archive:
QUESTION FROM TIM in Ann Arbor, MI: You've mentioned through-hole vias and stubs, and their effects on high-speed serial links, but I don't recall your mentioning blind vias.
Designers can look at a copper-filled blind or through-hole via as another tool in their design tool kits to achieve their performance goals.
In some manufacturing schemes, via-in-pad uses different materials and processes than are used in conventional through-hole via.
Answer: A back-drilled via is a normal through-hole via in a PCB that connects two signal layers, but the dangling stub hanging down from the last signal layer to the bottom of the board has literally been drilled out.
The space occupied by the surface mount technology (SMT) land pattern, the through-hole via and the traces that connect them begin to exceed what you can put in a single square inch.