These men were subjected to a battery of blood tests that included total testosterone and estradiol (estrogen).
What does T-E stand for?
T-E stands for testosterone and estradiol
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 36 other meanings of T-E in our Acronym Attic
- Transactions on Circuits Systems for Video Technology (journal)
- Tri-City Youth Soccer Association (Pasco, WA)
- Terrestrial Digital Audio Broadcasting
- Test Date
- Thanksgiving Day
- Training Expansion Day
- time domain Dual Lifetime Referencing
- Terrestrial Digital Multimedia Broadcasting
- Toronto (slang for Toronto, ON, Canada)
- Telekom-Digital Subscriber Line (Deutsche Telekom)
- Transactions on Electron Devices (IEEE journal)
- tubular smooth endoplasmic reticulum
- Trimmed Expanded Shortest Path (routing algorithm)
- trans unsaturated fatty acids
- [not an acronym] (originally TEFAL, a portmanteau of Teflon and Aluminum)
- Total Lung Fractal Dimension
- Total Fibrin/Fibrinogen Degradation Products
- Tensor Finite Difference Time Domain
- Thermionic-Field Emission Electron Microscopy
Samples in periodicals archive:
In a 14-day rat study, the levels of testosterone and estradiol were reduced at [greater than or equal to] 20 mg/kg bw.
25) CRITICAL IMPORTANCE OF BLOOD TESTING Today's conventional physicians prescribe blood tests to check glucose, cholesterol, and triglycerides, but rarely check their male patients' free testosterone and estradiol levels.
ESTRADIOL HIGHER IN MALE HEART ATTACK VICTIMS A study published just last year compared blood levels of testosterone and estradiol in men suffering acute myocardial infarction (heart attack) with those who had previously suffered a heart attack.
OBJECTIVES: This study sought to determine whether serum levels of testosterone and estradiol associate with lower extremity peripheral arterial disease (PAD) in a large population-based cohort of elderly men.