The SDDC tested Passive Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) tag technology earlier this year to determine its viability to support in transit visibility of DOD cargo and containers.
What does pRFID stand for?
pRFID stands for passive Radio Frequency Identification
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
- Prediction RF Effects Coupling Tool
- Patient-Related Forearm Evaluation Questionnaire
- Pacific Rim Film Festival (Santa Cruz, CA)
- Pampanga River Flood Forecasting and Warning Center (Pampanga River Basin, Philippines)
- Fog Covering Part of the Aerodrome (meteorology)
- Partial Fog (METAR code)
- Pseudo-Random Function Generator
- Path Remote Failure Indication (Cisco)
- Private Residential Fixed Investment (St. Louis, MO)
- Puerto Rican Family Institute, Inc. (New York, NY)
- Parameterized Race Free Java
- Postgraduate Research Forum on Linguistics
- Preston Ridlehuber Football League (fantasy football)
- Parametrized Reaction Field Multipoles (molecular biology)
- Platelet-Rich Fibrin Matrix
- Premature Rupture of Fetal Membranes
- Pressure Reducing Foam Mattress
- Punk Rock Flea Market
- Parks and Recreation Federation of Ontario (now Parks and Recreation Ontario; Canada)
- Parks Research Forum of Ontario (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Paul MN USA 3M announces the addition of a line of specialty label materials for passive radio frequency identification (RFID) labels.
14, 2005 Defense Logistics: Better Strategic Planning Can Help Ensure DoD's Successful Implementation of Passive Radio Frequency Identification, GAO-05-345, Sept.
Final Rule Radio Frequency Identification (DFARS Case 2004-D011) Adds policy and a contract clause requiring contractors to affix passive radio frequency identification (RFID) tags, at the case and palletized unit load levels, when shipping certain items to certain DoD locations.