2006) and OPG are critical in the regulation of the formation of osteoclast-like cells.
What does OCL stand for?
OCL stands for osteoclast-like (cell)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of OCL
We have 134 other meanings of OCL in our Acronym Attic
- Open Computing Language
- Operation/Operator Control Language
- Operational Control Level
- Operations Coordination Letter
- Optical Carrier Levels
- Ordnance Circular Letters (US Navy)
- Organic Coatings Laboratory (Navy)
- Orthodox Christian Laity
- Orthopedic Casting Laboratory (Eudora, KS)
- Oscoda County Library (Mio, Michigan)
- Other Current Liabilities (debt)
- Outdoor Ceation Ltd. (UK)
- Output Capacitor-Less (audio electronics)
- Overall Cartridge Length
- Overall Cost Leadership
- Overhead Contact Line (electric power)
- osteoclast-like giant cell(s)
- Office of Civil Legal Aid (Washington)
- Office of Congressional and Legislative Affairs
- Ohio Club Lamb Association (Winchester, Ohio)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Effects of high calcium concentration on the functions and interactions of osteoblastic cells and monocytes and on the formation of osteoclast-like cells.
The Papanicolaou smear was nondiagnostic, but the Wright-Giemsa stain was richly cellular and populated by three components: (1) numerous osteoclast-like multinuclear giant cells, (2) multiple malignant-appearing mononuclear and multinuclear cells, and (3) broad, tightly cohesive, flat sheets of large polygonal epithelial cells (figure 1): * The osteoclast-like giant cells contained multiple relatively monomorphic and bland-looking nuclei (ranging from 3 to 25 per cell) with abundant cytoplasm.
Molecular analysis of RANKL-independent cell fusion of osteoclast-like cells induced by TNF-alpha.
Cells possessing three or more nuclei were counted as osteoclast-like multinucleated osteoclasts under microscope examination.