Reduce your portion size and eat a varied and balanced diet based on lots of fruit and vegetables, moderate amounts of meat and dairy foods and small amounts of saturated fats, sugar and alcohol; | exercise regularly and fit 150 minutes of moderate to vigorous physical activity into each week - this means increasing your heart rate so you feel slightly breathless and a little warmer than normal; | take time out for quality relaxation and doing things you enjoy; | if you smoke, give up immediately and don't be afraid to ask for support if you need it, and | if you are concerned about your sleeping habits, chronic snoring, sleep apnoea or insomnia, visit your GP for advice.
What does MVPA stand for?
MVPA stands for moderate to vigorous physical activity
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MVPA
We have 12 other meanings of MVPA in our Acronym Attic
- Multi Video Processing (ATI Technologies)
- Multi-application Voice Processing
- Multi-Visit Pass
- Multimedia Video Processor
- Multipurpose Voice Processor
- Municipal Vulnerability Preparedness (Massachusetts)
- Music Video Press (various locations)
- Multiple Views Project - Language
- Most Valuable Pollution Prevention
- Military Vehicle Preservation Association
- Motor Vehicle Protection Association (UK)
- multi-voxel pattern analysis
- Multivariate Pattern Analysis
- Music Video Production Association
- Mountain View Police Activities League (California)
- Maximum Velocity Paintball
- Murrieta Valley PONY (Protect Our Nation's Youths) Baseball, Inc. (Murrieta, CA)
- Mesilla Valley Pocket Billiard Association (New Mexico)
- Merrimack Valley Planning Commission (Haverhill, MA)
- Microsoft Virtual PC
Samples in periodicals archive:
Supplementing a traditional exercise therapy intervention with group-mediated cognitive-behavioral counseling (GMCB) sessions resulted in knee osteoarthritis patients spending significantly more minutes per week engaged in moderate to vigorous physical activity than with the standard exercise intervention alone, Brian C.
Periods where more than 3,200 recordings were made within a minute were defined as moderate to vigorous physical activity, according to a well-established scale.
Children playing these video games increased FV consumption by about 2/3 serving per day, but did not increase water consumption or moderate to vigorous physical activity, or improve body composition,.
Each of these groups also had an elevated likelihood of meeting the recommendation for moderate to vigorous physical activity (odds ratios, 2.
Vigorous One official wrote: "In order for children to get the physical, mental and social benefits of physical activity, they need to have at least an hour of moderate to vigorous physical activity.
This data can be used to investigate the relationship between total physical activity or minutes of moderate to vigorous physical activity (MVPA) and health (Dencker and Andersen, 2008) and to assess the percentage of children meeting activity guidelines (Riddoch et al.