Researchers at the Open University, studying toads in Italy, found 96% of males abandoned a breeding site 46 miles (74km) from the epicentre of the earthquake that hit L'Aquila in 2009, five days before it struck.
What does AQ stand for?
AQ stands for l'Aquila (Italy)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of AQ
We have 12 other meanings of AQ in our Acronym Attic
- Anthraquinone (chemical compound)
- Aphasia Quotient (language impairment measurement)
- Application Question
- Aqua (blue-green color)
- Aquinas College
- Architectural Quality
- As Quoted (market price)
- Assurance Qualité (French: Quality Assurance)
- Automatic Qualifying (sports)
- Non-Reactive Pollutant Modeling
- Address Quality Services (USPS)
- Action Quake 2 (Quake 2 modification)
- Ahn'qiraj 40 Man (gaming, World of Warcraft)
- Aberdeen Quality Associates Ltd
- Academic Quality Audit (UK)
- Air Quality Act of 1967
- Air Quality Analysis (Ozone Transport Assessment Group workgroup)
- All Qualified Applicants (higher education; Ireland)
- All Questions Answered
Samples in periodicals archive:
The city of L'Aquila was devastated: nearly 300 people died and most of the historic centre was wrecked.
Italy's space agency, comparing satellite radar images taken before and after the earthquake, said on Saturday that the earth in the region of L'Aquila had shifted by up to 15cm.
Byline: Rob Pattinson RUGBY fans from the North East are showing their support for victims of the L'Aquila earthquake.
The quake hit L'Aquila and several towns in central Italy early on Monday, levelling buildings and reducing entire blocks to piles of rubble and dust.