Ribose: The Backbone of Energy Production In considering energy production, it helps to look at the "energy molecules" such as ATP, nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NADH), and the reduced form of flavin adenine dinucleotide (FAD).
What does FADH stand for?
FADH stands for flavin adenine dinucleotide
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FADH
- Fundación Para Alternativas de Desarrollo (Spanish: Foundation for Development Alternative; Bolivia microfinance)
- Federação de Automobilismo do Distrito Federal (Portuguese: Automobile Federation of the Federal District; Brazil)
- Fédération des Associations Djiboutiennes en France (French: Federation of Djibouti in France)
- Fédération des Associations Domoniennes en France (French: Federation of Associations in France Domoniennes)
- Filipino-American Development Foundation (San Francisco, CA)
- Fleet Air Defense Fighter (US Navy)
- Florida African Dance Festival
- Dordrecht (airport code; Africa)
- Fondation Autochtone de Guérison (French: Aboriginal Healing Foundation; Canada)
- Adherence Factor for Soil
- Flogging a Dead Horse
- Fonds Arabe pour les Droits Humains (French: Arab Fund for Human Rights)
- Forces Armées d'Haïti (French: Haitian Armed Forces)
- Financial Assistance for Disadvantaged Health Professions Students
- Futuristic Automatic Data Handling System (control system; air defence applications; Tata Power Strategic Electronics Division)
- Fellow of the Academy of Dentistry International
- Filipino American Development Initiative
- First Aid Direct, Inc. (est. 1997; Florida)
- Fred Astaire Dance International (dance school; various locations)
- Frente Amplio De Izquierda (Spanish: Broad Front of the Left; political party)
Samples in periodicals archive:
2]) participates in redox reactions in 2 coenzyme forms, flavin mononucleotide (FMN) and flavin adenine dinucleotide (FAD) (1).
Riboflavin is the key component for two coenzymes, flavin mononucleotide (FMN) and flavin adenine dinucleotide (FAD), essential in the electron transport chain and final oxidation of macronutrients to energy.
Comment: Flavin adenine dinucleotide (FAD), a riboflavin-containing molecule, is the cofactor for MTHFR.
Riboflavin, flavin mononucleotide, and flavin adenine dinucleotide in human plasma and erythrocytes at baseline and after low-dose riboflavin supplementation.