Such turns might be allowed by a circular green light, a flashing circular yellow light, a flashing circular red light, or even a flashing yellow arrow.
What does FYA stand for?
FYA stands for flashing yellow arrow
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of FYA
We have 24 other meanings of FYA in our Acronym Attic
- Fraternally Yours
- Full Year
- Fushigi Yuugi (Anime)
- Florida Yards & Neighborhoods Program
- Forget You and the Sysop You Rode in On (polite form)
- Feng-Yun 2 (geostatioary meteorological satellite of China)
- Foundation Year 1 (medical students, UK)
- Fédération Yoga et Ayurveda (French Yoga federation)
- First Year Affairs
- First Year Allowances (United Kingdom Corporation Tax Act 2001)
Samples in periodicals archive:
When facing a flashing yellow arrow, drivers may turn left as long as the intersection is clear of oncoming traffic and pedestrians.
The flashing yellow arrow has fast become a favorite of traffic engineers, who say it represents a simple improvement over older signals that allow drivers to turn left across traffic while facing a solid green light.