A law was passed in 2008 prohibiting the sale of non fire-safe cigarettes in Massachusetts, and has since been adopted in all 50 states and Canada as of this year, according to the National Fire Protection Association.
What does FSC stand for?
FSC stands for fire-safe cigarette
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FSC
We have 447 other meanings of FSC in our Acronym Attic
- Financial Solutions Centre (UK)
- Financial Supervisory Commission (South Korea)
- Finite State Channel
- Finnish Society of Cinematographers (Helsinki, Finland)
- Fire Safe Cigarette
- Fire Safe Council (various locations)
- Fire Science
- Fire Support Cell (US DoD)
- Fire Support Center
- Fire Support Coordination/Coordinator
- First Suburbs Consortium (of Northeast Ohio)
- Fisher Student Center (University of North Carolina at Wilmington)
- Fitchburg State College (Fitchburg MA)
- Fixed-Size Chunking (electrical engineering)
- Flag State Control (maritime shipping)
- Fleet Satellite Communications
- Fleet Systems Capable
- Flensburger Segel-Club (Sailing club, Flensburg, Germany)
- Flexible and Specialist Cables
- Flexible Screw Conveyor
Samples in periodicals archive:
population is now or soon will be governed by state fire-safe cigarette legislation.
EUROPEAN Union (EU) ministers have agreed in principle that only fire-safe cigarettes, that stop burning if they are not being smoked, be sold in the EU.
California, Illinois, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York and Vermont have adopted a "fire-safe" cigarette policy, according to the Coalition for Fire-Safe Cigarettes.
Byline: Allan Ramsay IF it's time to introduce fire-safe cigarettes then it's time to introduce pedestrian-safe cars.