Lamberth in response to a lawsuit involving two adult stem cell researchers who argued that the funding of embryonic stem cell research would cause them "irreparable injury" by increasing competition and therefore potentially taking funds away from their work.
What does ESCR stand for?
ESCR stands for embryonic stem cell research
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ESCR
We have 6 other meanings of ESCR in our Acronym Attic
- European Society of Coloproctology (Edinburgh, UK)
- Epson Specific Code Protocol 2
- European Society for Comparative Physiology and Biochemistry
- Egyptian Society for Child Psychomotor Development
- Electrochemical Scanning Probe Microscopy
- East Stroudsburg Community Parent Teacher Student Association (Pennsylvania)
- Euxoa scandens Cytoplasmic Polyhedrosis Virus
- Economic, Social, and Cultural Rights
- Electronic Social Care Records (UK)
- Elementary Stream Clock Reference
- Entente Sportive Le Cannet-Rocheville (French sports club)
- Environmental Stress Cracking Resistance
- European Society of Cardiac Radiology
- Extended Status Control Register (computer programming)
- Errored Second, Cyclic Redundancy Check
- End Stage Chronic Renal Failure
- École Secondaire Catholique Régionale de Hawkesbury (French: Catholic Regional High School in Hawkesbury; Hawkesbury, Canada)
- Enhanced Scalability Concurrent Resource Manager (IBM)
- Embryonic Stem Cell Research Oversight
- Enhanced Services Contract Reporting Options (Scotland)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The court ruled in favour of the researchers who claimed that human embryonic stem cell research involved the destruction of human embryos.
The church is opposed to embryonic stem cell research because it involves the destruction of embryos, but supports the use of adult stem cells.