Apple hardware has notably evaded the attention of hackers who tend to target PCs that run the Windows operating system; however, the criminal hackers are now taking the time to learn techniques of infiltrating the system.
What does cracker stand for?
cracker stands for criminal hacker
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- Colorectal Adenoma and Carcinoma 1
- Cambridge Retail and Commercial Association (UK)
- Cedar Rapids Area Cultural Alliance (Iowa)
- Crisis Response and Child Abuse Services
- Cooperative Research into Antarctic Calving and Iceberg Evolution
- Canadian Research Alliance for Community Innovation and Networking (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Coalition for Recycling and Against Coventry Incinerator (UK)
- Challenge/Response Authentication of Cryptographic Keys (IPSec)
- Children Requiring A Caring Kommunity
- Collaborative, Representative, Authorized, Committed, and Knowledgeable (software development project personnel)
- Crew Rest Additional Crew Member (US Air Force)
- Calculation of Reactor Accident Consequences with Effects of Containment, Meteorology, and Evacuation
- Cape Range Area Control System
- Center for Research on Arms Control and Security (Jordan)
- Cambridge Risk Analiz Denetim
- Centre de Recherche en Aménagement et Developpement (French: Center for Research in Regional Planning and Development, Quebec, Canada)
- Chief of Research & Development
- Colorado Rapid Avalanche Deployment Team
- Commercial Recording Arts Department (Huntington Beach Academy for the Performing Arts)
- Composite Radar Data Processing
Samples in periodicals archive:
Cyber attacks against journalists and media organizations around the world have increased over the past few years as criminal hackers provide a cheap and easy way of censoring the press, a media rights group said on Thursday.
People are now pressing lawmakers to re-write the law, to prevent an administration push to toughen penalties from treating online mischief-makers the same as criminal hackers.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] (Incidentally, every criminal hacker I've ever heard of has been a male.