Blackhat'' is a term for a criminal hacker, whereas a "whitehat'' does it beneficially for security.
What does cracker stand for?
cracker stands for criminal hacker
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- Colorectal Adenoma and Carcinoma 1
- Cambridge Retail and Commercial Association (UK)
- Cedar Rapids Area Cultural Alliance (Iowa)
- Crisis Response and Child Abuse Services
- Cooperative Research into Antarctic Calving and Iceberg Evolution
- Canadian Research Alliance for Community Innovation and Networking (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Coalition for Recycling and Against Coventry Incinerator (UK)
- Challenge/Response Authentication of Cryptographic Keys (IPSec)
- Children Requiring A Caring Kommunity
- Collaborative, Representative, Authorized, Committed, and Knowledgeable (software development project personnel)
- Crew Rest Additional Crew Member (US Air Force)
- Calculation of Reactor Accident Consequences with Effects of Containment, Meteorology, and Evacuation
- Cape Range Area Control System
- Center for Research on Arms Control and Security (Jordan)
- Cambridge Risk Analiz Denetim
- Centre de Recherche en Aménagement et Developpement (French: Center for Research in Regional Planning and Development, Quebec, Canada)
- Chief of Research & Development
- Colorado Rapid Avalanche Deployment Team
- Commercial Recording Arts Department (Huntington Beach Academy for the Performing Arts)
- Composite Radar Data Processing
Samples in periodicals archive:
Backups of data and systems are the last, best line of defence against destructive criminal hackers.
Bloomberg cited security experts saying that the attack appeared "far beyond the capability of ordinary criminal hackers.
Criminal hackers run huge markets of information for sale upon request, and that most people whose confidential information is on sale do not realise that they have been hacked in the first place.
Bush administrations, told Khaleej Times the banks were remiss in having no alarm sytem in place when the debit card limits were increased by the criminal hackers.
These threats come from ever-changing techniques deployed by criminal hackers in addition to risky online activities by employees, which unintentionally create vulnerabilities on the corporate network.
Apple hardware has notably evaded the attention of hackers who tend to target PCs that run the Windows operating system; however, the criminal hackers are now taking the time to learn techniques of infiltrating the system.
Cyber attacks against journalists and media organizations around the world have increased over the past few years as criminal hackers provide a cheap and easy way of censoring the press, a media rights group said on Thursday.