Dr Mont says that circumferential pulmonary vein ablation (CPVA) is a recently introduced technique, which identifies the signals causing the atrial fibrillation, and isolates their source in the pulmonary veins from the left ventricle of the heart.
What does CPVA stand for?
CPVA stands for circumferential pulmonary vein ablation
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CPVA
We have 4 other meanings of CPVA in our Acronym Attic
- Carolinas Professional Videographers Association
- Caversham Park Village Association (UK)
- Center for Performing and Visual Arts
- Centre de Perfectionnement et de Voltige Aérienne (French flying club)
- Centre de Préparation à la Vie Active (French: Preparation Center for Working Life)
- Centrifugal Pendulum Vibration Absorber
- Certified Patent Valuation Analyst (designation)
- Certified Professional Values Analyst
- Certified Professional Virtual Assistant
- Chinese People's Volunteer Army
- College of Performing and Visual Arts
- College Park Village Association
- Colorado Professional Videographers Association
- Colorado Professional Volleyball Association
- Constitution Party of Virginia
- Contactless Palm Vein Authentication System (infrared scanner)
- Cell Phone Voice Changer
- Central or Peripheral Venous Catheter (clinical oncology)
- Chlorinated Polyvinyl Chloride
- Coastal Plain Volleyball Club
Samples in periodicals archive:
MUNICH -- Vagal denervation is a major therapeutic advance that markedly enhances the long-term efficacy of circumferential pulmonary vein ablation in patients with paroxysmal atrial fibrillation, Carlo Pappone, M.
Claus Schmitt reported on 100 patients with frequent and severe drug-refractory atrial fibrillation (AF)--they averaged 13 episodes per month--who were randomized to circumferential pulmonary vein ablation or segmental pulmonary vein isolation in a German study with no commercial sponsorship.