Usually multiple factors contribute to the haematological derangements, and a meticulous, logical approach, including consideration of all possible contributors such as haematinic deficiencies, drug effects and bone marrow infiltration, should be considered.
What does BM+ stand for?
BM+ stands for bone marrow infiltration
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BM+
- Bus Mouse
- Business Machines
- Business Management
- Business Manager
- Myanmar (assumed name of Burma)
- Beatmania IIDX (DJ simulation game)
- Bolsa de Mercadorias & Futuros (Brazilian mercantile & futures exchanges)
- Backlog of Maintenance And Repairs
- Blue Mountain and Northern Railroad (Pennsylvania)
- bone marrow metastases
- bone marrow involvement
- Bureau of Mines - Pittsburgh, PA
- Broadcast Multicast Service Center
- Bitrate Maximizing Time-Domain Equalizer
- Battle Management/Command and Control & Communications (Ballistic Missile Defense System)
- Battle Management/Command, Control, & Communications
- Battle Management Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence
- Battlefield Mobility/Target Acquisition
- Branchiomotor/Visceromotor (neurology)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Bone marrow infiltration from AIDS-related conditions is common in advanced, untreated HIV; this may be evidenced by a pancytopaenia, or an anaemia with minimal reticulocyte production.
There are many causes for anaemia and in malignant disease it is usually caused by bone marrow infiltration by abnormal cells (leukaemia, neuroblastoma and lymphoma) and may be due to excessive bleeding from the low platelet count that often accompanies bone marrow infiltration.
Causes of bleeding in a child with cancer Thrombocytopenia secondary to: * Bone marrow infiltration * Haematological malignancy, e.