5,6) Other histologic patterns encountered in a clinical setting of ALI/ARDS include acute eosinophilic pneumonia (AEP) and the more recently described acute fibrinous and organizing pneumonia (AFOP).
What does AFOP stand for?
AFOP stands for acute fibrinous and organizing pneumonia
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AFOP
We have 9 other meanings of AFOP in our Acronym Attic
- Air Force Occupational Measurement Squadron
- Air Force Office of Medical Support
- Armed Forces Operational Medicine Symposium
- American Football Officials Nederland (Netherlands)
- A Force of One (movie)
- Air Force Officer Orientation Course (US Air Force)
- Accounting & Finance Office of the Future
- All For One One For All
- Air Force Obligation Output Tracking System
- Action for Our Planet (est. 2009)
- Advocacy For Older People (UK)
- Alliance Fiber Optic Products, Inc.
- and for other purposes
- Association for the Freedom of Oppressed Plushies
- Association Française des industries de l'Optique et de la Photonique
- Association of Farmworker Opportunity Programs
- African Oil Palm Development Association
- Air Force Outreach Program Office
- Armed Forces Overarching Personnel Strategy (UK)
- Air Force Officer Qualifying Test
Samples in periodicals archive:
When airspace organization is accompanied by nodular aggregations of fibrin in the alveolar spaces (but no hyaline membranes), the term acute fibrinous and organizing pneumonia is appropriate, as long as it is recognized that this diagnosis as an idiopathic condition has a guarded prognosis if the patient requires mechanical ventilation around the time of biopsy.