Rohrer was appointed an IBM Fellow in 1986 and was manager of the physical sciences department at the Zurich Research Laboratory from 1986 to 1988.
What does ZRL stand for?
ZRL stands for Zurich Research Laboratory
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ZRL
We have 7 other meanings of ZRL in our Acronym Attic
- Ziguinchor Regional Hospital (Senegal)
- Zoelly Rueegger Holenstein (architecture firm; Switzerland)
- Zurich, Switzerland - Zurich (Airport Code)
- Zavod Za Racunalniško Izobraževanje (Slovenian)
- Zipper Repair Kits (Ashland, OR)
- Zona Receptor Kinase (protein)
- Zambezi Resources, Ltd. (Zambia)
- Zambia Railways Ltd. (Kabwe, Zambia)
- Zero Reference Level (cardiography)
- Zero Risk Level
- Zweckverband Schienenpersonennahverkehr Ruhr-Lippe (German transportation system)
- Zero Redundancy Linear Array
- Zmanda Recovery Manager
- Zone Relay Module
- Zope Registration Manager (website hosting; est. 1995; Fredericksburg, VA)
- Zukunft Rhein Main (German: Future Rhein-Main; community organization)
- Za Raziskavo Materiala in Konstrukcij, Ltd. (civil engineering; Ljubljana, Slovenia)
- New Zaire (currency code; now CDF)
- Rigid Training Airship (US Navy)
- Zirconium Nitride
Samples in periodicals archive:
Bruno Michel, Manager Advanced Thermal Packaging at IBM's Zurich Research Laboratory.
The advanced SiON process technology Kymata is licensing from IBM was developed at the IBM Zurich Research Laboratory, which is part of the company's industry-leading Communications Research and Development Center (CRDC).
Alcatel and Nortel already use IBM's Prizma switching technology, developed at the IBM Zurich Research Laboratory over the past ten years, and Cisco already resells some of IBM's S/390 mainframe web server technology.
Products: Seiko instruments, jointly with IBM Zurich Research Laboratory, developed a desktop scanning probe microscope, which will sell starting at 3.