The data aids animal management, conservation, research, and education and ensures hatches, matches and despatches of species are accurately recorded using Zoological Information Management System - a global system pioneered by Dudley Zoo's registrar, Dr David Beeston.
What does ZIMS stand for?
ZIMS stands for Zoological Information Management System
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ZIMS
We have 1 other meaning of ZIMS in our Acronym Attic
- Zone Information and Map Access System (Department of City Planning: Los Angeles, CA)
- Zimbabwe Banking Corporation Limited
- Zambia Mining and Industrial Corporation
- Zuckuss in Mist Hunter (role playing game card)
- Zelda in My Pocket (gaming)
- Zhejiang Institute of Modern Physics (Hangzhou, China)
- Zimbabwe Phosphate Industries (Zimbabwe)
- Zimbabwe Human Rights Association
- Zagreb International Medical Summit (Croatia)
- Ziyi Image Management System (website)
- Zambia Independent Monitoring Team
- Zealous Instant Messaging Tool (software)
- Zertifikat Internet-Nutzung (German: Certificate of Internet Use)
- Zin Technologies (Brook Park, Ohio)
- Zinfandel (grape)
- Zorg Identificatie Nummer (Dutch: Care Identification Number; healthcare)
- Zumba Instructor Network
- Zimbabwe National Association of Distance and Open Learning (Harare, Zimbabwe)
- Zero Inflated Negative Binomial
- Zinc Is Not Commercial (structure-based drug design)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Zoological Information Management System shares the information with zoos around the world, helping scientists battling to save endangered species.