A growing number of studies have recently addressed this matter from alternative theoretical standpoints, such as the multidimensional anxiety theory (Martens, Burton, Vealey, Bump, & Smith, 1990), the catastrophe theory (Hardy, 1990, 1996), the reversal theory (Kerr, 1997), and the Individual Zone of Optimal Functioning (IZOF) model (Hanin, 1980, 1986).
What does ZOF stand for?
ZOF stands for Zone of Optimal Functioning (athletic theory)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ZOF
We have 1 other meaning of ZOF in our Acronym Attic
- Zentrale Oberbauerneuerung (German)
- Zero Energy
- Zéro Puissance, Oxyde d'Uranium, Eau Lourde (French: Zero Power, Uranium Oxide, Heavy Water)
- Zimbabwe Orphans Endeavor (ministry; North Carolina)
- Zinc Oxide-Eugenol
- Zone Of Entry
- Zone Of Exclusion
- Zone of the Enders (video game)
- Zone of the Enders: the 2nd Runner (Playstation 2 game)
- Zone of Fire
- Zone of Action
- Zones of Communications (US Navy)
- Zone of Fire Origin (smoke ventilation)
- Zona Franca de Tacna (Spanish: Tacna Free Trade Zone; Tacna, Peru)
- Zaanse Onafhankelijke Groepering
- Zeelandia Opleidingen Groep (Dutch: Zeelandia Training Group; Netherlands)
- Zero Overhead Growth
- Zillions of Games (game playing system)
- Zionist Occupation Government (aka Zionist Occupied Government; anti-Semitic conspiracy theory)
- Zone of the Gamers
Samples in periodicals archive:
A practical application of the anxiety-athletic performance relationship: the Zone of Optimal Functioning hypothesis.
Positive and Negative affect (PNA) were measured within Individual Zone of Optimal Functioning Theory to examine (a) IZOF position and motor task performance, (b) task and optimal PNA associated with performance, (c) actual and recalled optimal PNA, and (d) actual optimal PNA score correlations with recalled optimal PNA.