Reporting, "restoring zinc status via dietary supplementation reduced aged-associated inflammation," the study authors submit: "Our data suggested that age-related epigenetic dysregulation in zinc transporter expression may influence cellular zinc levels and contribute to increased susceptibility to inflammation with age.
What does ZNT stand for?
ZNT stands for Zinc Transporter
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ZNT
We have 1 other meaning of ZNT in our Acronym Attic
- Zaklady Naprawcze Sprzetu Medycznego (Polish: Medical Devices Servicing Company)
- Zuid Nederlandsche Stoomtramweg Maatschappij (Dutch: Southern Dutch Steam Tramway Company)
- Zimbabwe National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
- Journal Library for Natural Sciences and Technology
- Zankyou No Terror (series)
- Zeitschrift für Neues Testament (German)
- Zenith Concessions Ltd
- Zenith National Insurance Corp
- Zentrum Neue Technologien (German)
- Zeppelin Neue Technologie (German)
- Zip Network Technologies (Warrenton, VA)
- Zambia National Tourist Board
- Zimbabwe National Traditional Healers Association
- Zeitschrift für Neuere Theologiegeschichte
- Zaklady Naprawcze Taboru Kolejowego (Poland)
- Zeek and the Lightning Bolts (band)
- Zaporizhzhe National Technical University (Ukraine)
- Ziektekostenregeling Nederlandse Universiteiten (Dutch: Dutch Health-Care Universities)
- Zambia National Union of Teachers
- Zeitschrift fur die Neutestamentliche Wissenschaft
Samples in periodicals archive:
It found that zinc transporters were significantly dysregulated in old animals.
Recently, the zinc transporter 8 (ZnT8) was identified as a novel autoantibody antigen in patients with new-onset type 1 diabetes (3).
Ray Idea Lab in the Ina Mae Rude Entrepreneur Center 8:20 ZINC TRANSPORTER mRNA EXPRESSION IN THE RWPE-1 HUMAN PROSTATE EPITHELIAL CELL LINE, Amy L.
Bagasra, "In this research project, it is my goal to test this hypothesis by analyzing prostate cancer tissues for the expression of mRNAs that code for various zinc transporter proteins.
The team also looked for significant differences in levels of zinc transporter proteins.
With the exclusion of islet-cell cytoplasmic autoantibodies (ICA), glutamic acid decarboxylase (GAD) autoantibodies (GADA), insulinoma 2 (IA-2)-associated autoantibodies (IA-2A), insulin autoantibodies (IAA), and zinc transporter 8 protein (ZnT8) islet autoantibody (ZnT8A), the other autoantibodies are difficult to measure and/or are not sufficiently sensitive or specific to warrant their use in present day studies of T1DM or its pathogenesis.
Specifically, cell activation stimulated the zinc transporter in T cells called "ZIP8," which transports stored zinc into the cell cytoplasm where it then alters the expression of a T cell protein in a way needed to fight infections.