Washington, Feb 26 (ANI): A team of scientists has developed the very first optical fiber made with a core of zinc selenide - a light-yellow compound that can be used as a semiconductor.
What does ZnSe stand for?
ZnSe stands for Zinc Selenide
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- ZIP Not yet Resolved
- Non-Rigid Scouting Airship (US Navy)
- Zenger News Service
- Zentrales Nervensystem (German: Central Nervous System)
- Zephyr Nassau Sunshine (ZNS Radio Bahamas)
- Zinc Sulphide
- Zip-n-Squeeze (liquid nutrition delivery products and company)
- Zomig Nasal Spray (AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP)
- Zone Nationale de Sélection (French: national area of selection)
- Zimbabwe National Security Council
- Zaklady Naprawcze Sprzetu Medycznego (Polish: Medical Devices Servicing Company)
- Zuid Nederlandsche Stoomtramweg Maatschappij (Dutch: Southern Dutch Steam Tramway Company)
- Zimbabwe National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
- Journal Library for Natural Sciences and Technology
- Zankyou No Terror (series)
- Zeitschrift für Neues Testament (German)
- Zenith Concessions Ltd
- Zenith National Insurance Corp
- Zentrum Neue Technologien (German)
- Zeppelin Neue Technologie (German)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The hexane layer was removed, dried under a nitrogen stream, redissolved in chloroform and deposited onto a temperature-controlled zinc selenide crystal coupled to an infrared spectrometer.
In the recent experiments, Awschalom and his colleagues deposited a thin layer of the semiconductor zinc selenide on another semiconductor, gallium arsenide.
Direct deposition deposits the eluents from the chromatographic column, after evaporation of any solvent, onto the surface of a moving zinc selenide window that passes through the beam of the FTIR detector.
Zinc selenide is selected for the discs principally because of its optical properties, but it also presents satisfactory thermal properties.