Summary: TEHRAN (FNA)- Iranian researchers in association with their US and Malaysian counterparts obtained the technology to produce zinc oxide nanostructures through the simple sonochemical method.
What does ZnO stand for?
ZnO stands for Zinc Oxide
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ZnO
- Zapatista National Liberation Army (Mexico)
- Zimbabwe National Liberation War Veterans Association
- Zakynthos National Marine Park (Greece)
- Zaklad Naprawczy Mechanizacji Rolnictwa (Polish: Department of Agricultural Mechanization Repair)
- Non-Rigid Airship Training Squadron (US Navy)
- Non-Rigid Training Airship (US Navy)
- Zahrira News Network (website)
- Zenzibar News Network (noncommercial art and news website)
- Zhang Neural Network
- Zidovska Nabozenska Obec (Slovak: Jewish Community; Slovakia)
- Zambia National Oil Company
- Zuid Nederlandse Operette Spelers (Dutch: South Dutch Operetta Players)
- Zanzibar Nationalist Party
- Zinc Pyrithione (fungicide)
- Zion National Park
- Zion Nuclear Plant
- Zwiazek Narodowy Polski (Polish: Polish National Alliance)
- Zwiazek Nauczycielstwa Polskiego (Polish trade union)
- Zambia National Provident Fund
- Zeus Numerix Private Limited (computer aided engineering company; India)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The topics include discovering thermoelectric materials using combinatorial chemistry, depositing zinc oxide thin films using a surface reaction on platinum nanoparticles, the atomic layer deposition of gallium-doped zinc oxide transparent conducting oxide films, the optoelectronic characterization of morphology-controlled zinc oxide nanowires, and the thermal conductivity of amorphous indium zinc oxide thin films.
Gul Amin, who recently received his doctorate at the Physical Electronics and Nanotechnology group, Campus Norrkoping, showed in his thesis how it is possible to grow white LEDs, made from zinc oxide and a conducting polymer, directly on a piece of paper.
The droplets acted as catalysts, each one spawning the growth of a zinc oxide crystal just 10 or 15 nm across.
9781558999145 Zinc oxide and related materials; proceedings.
For many of us who have developed rubber compounds over the years, it has been 'automatic' to use 5 phr of zinc oxide and 2 phr of stearic acid as the activator for accelerated sulfur cure systems.
Degussa's AdNano fumed zinc oxide product line is said to increase the lifetimes of outdoor coatings by providing high-temperature stability and superior UV protection.
In the third paragraph of ["The Truth in Beauty," Green Guidance, May/June] is the sentence, "These include zinc oxide and titanium dioxide, which are 'much less likely than [chemical] sunscreens to penetrate human skin,' according to biochemist John Knowland of Oxford University.