In a paper published this week in Science, Isabelle Barde of the EPFL's School of Life Sciences and Frontiers in Genetic Program, and colleagues, describe experiments which show that KRAB-containing zinc finger proteins, working in concert with a cofactor called KAP1, modulate mitophagy in subtle and sophisticated ways.
What does ZIC stand for?
ZIC stands for Zinc Finger Protein
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ZIC
We have 5 other meanings of ZIC in our Acronym Attic
- Zimbabwe International Book Fair Association
- Zjednoczony Instytut Badan Jadrowych (Polish: United Institute for Nuclear Research)
- Zavoda Za Izgradnju Banja Luka (Serbia: Division for the Construction of Banja Luka; Bosnia and Herzegovina)
- Zyman Institute of Brand Science
- Zivilcourage Im Beruflichen Umfeld (German: Civil Courage in a Professional Environment)
- Zambia Investment Centre
- Zaurus Internet Chat (Sharp Corporation)
- Zawya Industry Classification (Saudi Arabia)
- Zentrale Informationsverarbeitung Chemie (German: Central Information Processing Department for Chemistry)
- Zhuhai International Circuit
- Zone Industrielle et Commerciale (French: Industrial and Commercial Zone)
- Zurich Insurance Company
- Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (Lusaka, Zambia)
- Zee Institute of Creative Arts (Mumbai, India)
- Zhuhai International Convention Center (hotel; China)
- Zero Inter-Code Cross-Correlation
- Zuckerman Institute for Connective Environmental Research (University of East Anglia, UK)
- Zeiss Ikon Collectors Group
- Zone d'Intérêt Culturel, Historique, Esthétique et d'Embellissement (French: Area of Cultural Interest, History, Aesthetics and Beautification; Belgium)
- Zhuhai International Container Terminals (China)
Samples in periodicals archive:
2000 Differential effects of toxic metal compounds on the activities of Fpg and XPA, two zinc finger proteins involved in DNA repair.
Richmond, CA) has been granted a new patent in the United States entitled "Selection of Sites for Targeting by Zinc Finger Proteins and Methods of Designing Zinc Finger Proteins to Bind to Preselected Sites.