In a paper published this week in Science, Isabelle Barde of the EPFL's School of Life Sciences and Frontiers in Genetic Program, and colleagues, describe experiments which show that KRAB-containing zinc finger proteins, working in concert with a cofactor called KAP1, modulate mitophagy in subtle and sophisticated ways.
What does ZFP stand for?
ZFP stands for Zinc Finger Protein
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ZFP
We have 6 other meanings of ZFP in our Acronym Attic
- Zeitschrift Fuehrung Organisation (German: Magazine Leadership Organization; journal)
- Zeitschrift Fuer Ostmitteleuropa-Forschung (German: Journal for Research on East Central Europe; Herder Institute)
- Zona-Free Bovine Oocytes (reproduction)
- Zone Française d'Occupation (French: French Zone of Occupation; World War II)
- Zero-Filled on Demand (Linux program)
- Zachodniopomorskiego Forum Organizacji Pozarzadowych (Polish: West Non-Governmental Organization Forum)
- Zoom Field of View (aviation)
- Zero-Flag Propagation
- Zero-Flow Pressure (anesthesia)
- Zerstörungsfreie Prüfung (German: Non-Destructive Testing)
- Zone Forecast Product
- Zuhair Fayez Partnership
- Zinc Finger Protein 7
- Natal Fire Protection Association (South Africa)
- Zentrale Fuer Private Fuersorge (German: Center for Private Welfare; home health care)
- Zinc Finger-Protein Like 1 (homo sapien genetics)
- Zwiazek Firm Public Relations (Poland)
- Zululand Fire Protection Services (South Africa)
- Gare de Bordeaux Airport (French airport code)
- [not an acronym] radio code for Disregard My Last
Samples in periodicals archive:
2000 Differential effects of toxic metal compounds on the activities of Fpg and XPA, two zinc finger proteins involved in DNA repair.
Richmond, CA) has been granted a new patent in the United States entitled "Selection of Sites for Targeting by Zinc Finger Proteins and Methods of Designing Zinc Finger Proteins to Bind to Preselected Sites.