Some of the targets that might be important include structural elements (such as the highly conserved zinc finger motif of the HIV nucleocapsid or the viral enzymes integrase and RNase H), regulatory and accessory proteins, processes (such as transcription, nuclear import and export of viral nucleic acid, and macromolecular interactions), and host targets (adhesion molecules, transcription factors, apoptosis, and signaling pathways).
What does ZFM stand for?
ZFM stands for Zinc Finger Motif (immunology)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ZFM
We have 5 other meanings of ZFM in our Acronym Attic
- Zentralinstitut Für Kernforschung (German: Central Institute for Nuclear Research; Rossendorf, Germany)
- Zinc Finger Kinase (biochemistry)
- Zeal for Life (dance company; Matthews, NC)
- Zentrum für Literatur-und Kulturforschung (German: Center for Literary and Cultural Research; Berlin, Germany)
- Zero Fee Licensing (film industry)
- Zona Franca La Plata (Spanish: La Plata Transit Zone)
- Zentralamt Fuer Mobilfunk (German: National Board for Mobile Communications)
- Zentrum fuer Mikrotechnologien (German: Center for Microtechnologies)
- Zero Fuel Mass (aviation)
- Zimbabwe Freedom Movement
- Zona Franca de Manaus
- Zona Franca de Montevideo (Spanish: Montevideo Frank Zone; Uruguay)
- Zone de Forte Mixité (French: Strong Mixed Zone; Belgium)
- Zambia Fisheries and Marketeers Union
- Exiled Former Members of UNA - Denton (defunct)
- Zentrum Fuer Neurowissenschaften (German: Center for Neuroscience; University of Freiburg; Germany)
- Zentrum Fuer Niederdeutsch (German: Center for Low German; Ratzeburg, Germany)
- Zentrum für Netze (German: Center for Networks; University of Bremen; Bremen, Germany)
- Zero order, Fixed corridor, Non-redundant Sample Transmission
Samples in periodicals archive:
Achillion's drug discovery expertise embodies both a conventional medicinal chemistry approach directed at classic anti-infective molecular targets, and its novel Zinc Finger Targeting (ZFT) drug discovery technology developing small molecules that target zinc finger motifs unique to particular pathogens.