584T>C) mutation identified in this study was not found in 200 apparently healthy females; moreover, this amino acid belongs to the zinc finger domain, was conserved during evolution (data not shown), and is segregated in a 3-generation pedigree with a classic ATR-X phenotype and a skewed X-inactivation status in carrier females.
What does ZD1 stand for?
ZD1 stands for Zinc Finger Domain
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Zener Diode
- Zenith Distance
- Zero Defects
- Zero Doppler
- Zero Drift (electronics)
- Zinc Depleted (biochemistry)
- Zip Disk
- Zone de Détection (French: Detection Zone; security)
- Zone Description
- Zambia Development Agency (est. 2006; Lusaka, Zambia)
- Zimbabwe Diabetic Association
- Zinc Development Association
- Zu Den Akten (German: To The Documents)
- Zeus Distributed Authentication and Content
- Zertifikat Deutsch Als Fremdsprache
- Zero Defect Application Kernel
- Zafara Double Agent Plushie (neopets)
- Zentralausschuss Der Agrargewerblichen Wirtschaft (German agrarian-commercial economy central committee)
- Zimbabwe Domestic and Allied Workers Union (est. 1980)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The number of physiological functions which is attributed to zinc is growing, since it has been estimated that zinc finger domains are coded by up to 3% of the human genome.
From this collection, the authors selected 54 zinc fingers that bind, with high affinity, to specific DNA sequences in vivo and used individual zinc finger domains as building blocks to construct more complex proteins with multiple zinc finger domains.