I was investigating how a specific class of molecules called zinc dialkyldithiophosphates (ZDDPs), which are present in engine oils and transmission fluids, interact with emerging surfaces in the automobile.
What does ZDTP stand for?
ZDTP stands for Zinc Dialkyldithiophosphate
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Zamboanga Del Sur Medical Center (Philippines)
- Zoning and Development Standards Ordinance
- Zero Digital Sum Variation (computation method)
- Z-Direction Tensile (paper industry)
- Zero Dark Thirty (film)
- Zero Day Threat (cybercrime book)
- Zero-Ductility Transition
- Zhongwen Development Tool (open source tool)
- Zimbabwe Democracy Trust
- Zinc Dithiophosphate (lubricant; Castrol)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Aging the elastomer in a solution of zinc dialkyldithiophosphate (ZDP) in mineral oil causes severe embrittlement leaving the specimens unfit for mechanical testing.