The Rhodesian government at the time were fighting against Robert Mugabe's Zimbabwe African National Union and Joshua Nkomo's Zimbabwe African People's Union.
What does ZAPU stand for?
ZAPU stands for Zimbabwe African People's Union
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of ZAPU in our Acronym Attic
- Zero Assignment Parallel Processor
- Zimbabwe AIDS Prevention Project (Zimbabwe)
- Zine Archive and Publishing Project (literary arts; Seattle, WA)
- Zoho Alliance Partner Program (Zoho Corporation)
- Zbornica za Arhitekturo in Prostor Slovenije (Slovenian: Chamber of Architecture and Spatial Planning of Slovenia; est. 2003)
- Zero-Angle Photon Spectrophotometer
- Zonal Air Pollution System (ecotechnology)
- Zyvox Antimicrobial Potency Study
- Zimbabwe AIDS Prevention and Support Organisation (Harare, Zimbabwe)
- Zwiazek Agencji Pracy Tymczasowej (Polish: Association of Temporary Employment Agency)
- Democratic Republic of the Congo (ISO Country code)
- South African Rand (currency code)
- Zero Assumption Recovery
- Zero-G Antenna Range
- Zeus Acquisition Radar (US Army)
- Zone Availability Report
- Zone of Artificial Resources (video game)
- Zuid-Afrikaanse Republiek (Dutch)
- Zuidafrikaanse Rand (South African Rand)
- Zivilcourage Und Anti-Rassismus Arbeit (German: Civil Courage and Anti-Racism Effort)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In Dar es Salaam, the Zimbabwe African People's Union (ZAPU) said Rhodesia's action would certainly plunge the country into a racial bloodbath.