According to Webster's 10th UMPTEEN appeared in 1918, ZILLION in 1934, and JILLION in 1942.
What does Z stand for?
Z stands for Zillion
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of Z
- Redshift Factor (determines how fast a cosmic object is moving away from Earth)
- Sales in Full (newspaper stock table abbreviation)
- Set of Integers (math)
- Speed Rating (department of transportation maximum tire speed rating of 149+ MPH)
- Ultra Heavy Nuclei
- Unit of Sleep
- Zentner (German 50kg)
- Zetta- (prefix, 10^21 or sextillion)
Samples in periodicals archive:
According to local blog Amusing the Zillion, the producers of "Men in Black III" have leased the dilapidated Grashorn Building, once in danger of demolition, from developer Thor Equities and plan rehabilitate its interior for use during filming next month.
It also makes me feel I'm making more of an impact recycling--T-shirts, there are just zillions and zillions of them
A million - no, a zillion - to one chance," said Moodie in the Herald.
These and a zillion other facts can be found in the colorful World Almanac.
In the meantime, they don't know how to spend their zillions on anything but self-promotion to make more zillions.