A zettabyte is a trillion gigabytes and is bigger than an exabyte--zettas are [10.
What does ZB stand for?
ZB stands for ZettaByte (10^21 or one sextillion bytes)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ZB
We have 4 other meanings of ZB in our Acronym Attic
- Zoo and Wildlife Society (Cornell University; Ithaca, NY)
- Zimbabwe Agricultural Welfare Trust (UK)
- Zaporozhsky Avtomobilny Zavod (Ukrainian car manufacturer)
- Zaragoza, Spain - Zaragoza (Airport Code)
- Zucker-Abrahams-Zucker (movie producers)
- Zaphod Beeblebrox (character in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
- Zen Buddhism
- Zero Based
- Zero Beat
- ZigBee (wireless technology)
- Zimmer Mit Bad (German: room with bath)
- Zinc Blend
- Ziraat Bankasi (Agricultural Bank of the Republic of Turkey)
- Zodiac Beauchamp
- Zone Blanche (French: White Zone; European ecovillage pilot program)
- Zone Boundary
- Zoom Back (cinematography)
- Zum Beispiel (German: For Example)
- Zurich Bank
Samples in periodicals archive:
8 zettabytes of data (a zettabyte is a trillion gigabytes) will be generated in 2012, a nine-fold increase in just five years.
According to IDC's 2012 Digital Universe Study, sponsored by EMC, the digital universe will reach 40 zettabytes (ZB) by 2020.
6 zettabytes annually by 2016 The company also foresees that Middle East and Africa will have the highest cloud traffic growth rate at 79 percent Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR); followed by Latin America (66 percent CAGR); and Central and Eastern Europe (55 percent CAGR).
Webster added in 2016, the volume of Internet traffic is expected to be measured for the first time in zettabytes or one trillion gigabytes.
The media futurist Gerd Leonhard posited that by 2020 the digital universe will total 35 zettabytes, or 44 times larger than it was in 2009.