Incremental v zero-based budgets It's quite common, particularly in the public sector, to fix a budget on the basis of what happened the year before, perhaps with some adjustments for changes that are nearly certain to occur--e.
What does ZBB stand for?
ZBB stands for Zero-Based Budget(ing)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of ZBB
We have 3 other meanings of ZBB in our Acronym Attic
- Zambia Basketball Association
- Zen of Business Administration (book by Marc Lesser)
- Zero Balance Account
- Zero Bias Anomaly
- Zoning Board of Adjustment (Philadelphia Department of Licences and Inspections; Pennsylvania)
- Zoning Board of Appeals
- Boundary Bay Airport (Vancouver BC, Canada, Airport code)
- Zac Brown Band (band)
- Zebbug-Ghawdex (postal locality, Malta)
- Zero Bug Bounce
- Zinc-Bromine Battery (energy)
- Zompist Bulletin Board (linguistics online forum)
- Zions Bank Basketball Center (Philadephia)
- Zen Bei Butoku-Kai International (martial arts organization; Malden, MA)
- Zagelmeyer Block Company (Bay City, Michigan)
- Zijtaartse Bridge Club
- Zimbabwe Broadcasting Corporation
- Zimmerman Brush Company
- Zimvibes Broadcast Company (Zimbabwe)
- Zion Bible College (Barrington, Rhode Island)
Samples in periodicals archive:
John Lynch, the four-term governor "pretty much" employed a zero-based budget that, while slightly modified from that which he used in the private sector, attempted to start departments at zero and built the budget from the ground up.
The budget is presented and voted on; this year, VP/Treasurer Scott Owens, and Executive Director Susan Oderwald and her staff, have worked tirelessly to produce a zero-based budget, one that offers the opportunity for a reasonable balance at the end of the financial year.
Cost reports showed a $60,131 net loss for SSMH last year, but McClain said "on a zero-based budget," the hospital actually made $600,000.
The difference between the formula budget and the zero-based budget dollars is to be allocated to membership recruitment activities.
At Cushman & Wakefield, we have found an effective way to achieve this balance: zero-based budgets.
John Lynch's July 27 order directing all state agencies to use a zero-based budget approach, justifying every cost.
Developing the Pro-active Budget The zero-based budget (ZBB) has unfortunately developed a tarnished reputation over the years.