The campus has set a lofty goal of consuming zero net energy, producing zero net greenhouse gas emissions and generating zero landfill waste by 2020.
What does ZNE stand for?
ZNE stands for Zero Net Energy (completely energy efficient)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ZNE
We have 1 other meaning of ZNE in our Acronym Attic
- Zero-mean Normal Cross Correlation
- Zimbabwe National Chamber of Commerce
- Zwakman Nabizai Construction Company (Afghanistan)
- Zinc Chloride
- Zimbabwe National Council for the Welfare of Children
- Zelda No Densetsu (game)
- Zenith Neutral Delay (global positioning systems)
- Zinc-Binding Domain
- Zambian National Defense Force
- Newman, Western Australia, Australia - Newman (Airport Code)
- Zone Naturelle d'Equilibre (French: Natural Area of Balance)
- Zinc Finger (protein; biology)
- Zimbabwe National Family Planning Council
- Zambia National Farmers Union
- Zimbabwe National Farmers Union
- Zbor Nacionalne Garde (Croatian National Guard)
- Zbora Narodne Garde (Croation National Guard)
- Zero Nominal Growth (budgets)
- Zürich Networking Group (Zürich, Switzerland)
- Zamboanga del Norte Gamefowl Breeders Association (Philippines)
Samples in periodicals archive:
RELATED ARTICLES: Schneider launches 'Energy University Hero' in GCC | Qatalum, Hydro to study zero net energy buildings | FM & energy firm MAF Dalkia hits 10 year milestone For the ninth consecutive year, 3M has won a Sustained Excellence Award for its worldwide energy conservation efforts from the US Environmental Protection Agency as part of its Energy Star Partner of the Year programme - making it the first firm to win as many consecutive awards.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] A zero-energy building is a building with zero net energy consumption and zero carbon emissions annually.
The just-built West Village housing complex has the lofty goal of becoming Zero Net Energy (ZNE), which means the 23 completed buildings plan to generate as much energy as their 800 current residents consume over the course of a year/It's more than just low-flow toilets, double pane windows, and low-VOC paint jobs (although check, check, and check).
CALIFORNIA HERE WE COME The California Energy Commission (CEC) has been conducting workshops this summer on "Achieving Energy Savings in California Buildings" toward the goal of achieving zero net energy (ZNE) in residential buildings by 2020 and in commercial buildings by 2030.
Sustainability through architecture, landscape, material choices and practices will enable the campus to reach its triple zero commitment to be zero waste, zero net energy and zero net emissions by 2020.
The results suggest that while 70% savings homes are possible, DOE's target for Zero Net Energy (remaining energy usage to be off-set by on-site renewables) is currently not cost-effective.
Infosys's collaboration with these leading organizations will help architects and engineers worldwide to develop Zero Net Energy buildings smarter, faster and easier than ever before.