From BedZED, the Beddington Zero Energy Development designed by Bill Bunster of ZEDfactory to Charlotte House in Vermont designed by Pill-Maharam Architects to the first zero energy building in Singapore, the article discusses the growing popularity of net zero projects and its effect on the future of construction.
What does ZED stand for?
ZED stands for Zero Energy Development
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ZED
We have 5 other meanings of ZED in our Acronym Attic
- Zuni Education and Career Development Center (New Mexico)
- Zeus Energy Consulting Group (Houston, TX)
- Zone of Exhumed Continental Mantle (geology)
- Zegrahm (Zehnder Grove Harrision Metz & Messick) & Eco Expeditions (Seattle, Washington)
- Zero Emissions Conference
- Zero Emission Coal Process (emissions-free electrical power generation; Los Alamos National Laboratory; Los Alamos, NM)
- Zone Emergency Communications Planner (US DHS/FEMA)
- Zero-Quantum Coherence Correlation Spectroscopy
- Zero Energy Design (energy producing buildings with no net annual utility bills)
- Zero Errors Driving (driving course)
- Zero-Entropy Detection
- Ziegler Electronic Devices (Germany)
- Zonal Employee Discount (est. 1994; airline employee discount program)
- Zoological Email Directory
- Zoonotic and Environmentally Transmitted Diseases
- Zero Energy Deuterium2 (larger version of the ZEEP nuclear reactor, started 1960)
- Zimbabwe Essential Drugs Action Programme (World Health Organization)
- Zentraleinrichtung für Datenverarbeitung
- Zeebrugge Electronic Data Interchange Services
Samples in periodicals archive:
BioRegional Quintain is the developer behind the successful and innovative BedZED - or Beddington Zero Energy Development - and it also has a similar scheme underway in Brighton.
The Beddington Zero Energy Development (BedZED), an 8a-unit housing complex in London, aims to produce as much energy as it uses through a combination of passive solar design, energy efficiency, and greater use of walking, cycling, and public transport.
The Beddington Zero Energy Development is an environmentally-friendly, energy-efficient mix of housing and work space.
The announcement came from Trade and Industry Secretary Patricia Hewitt during a visit to the Beddington Zero Energy Development in Sutton.