This national proposal competition resulted in 12 net zero energy designs being selected for construction.
What does ZED stand for?
ZED stands for Zero Energy Design (energy producing buildings with no net annual utility bills)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of ZED
We have 5 other meanings of ZED in our Acronym Attic
- Zinc Electro-Chemical Cell
- Zuni Education and Career Development Center (New Mexico)
- Zeus Energy Consulting Group (Houston, TX)
- Zone of Exhumed Continental Mantle (geology)
- Zegrahm (Zehnder Grove Harrision Metz & Messick) & Eco Expeditions (Seattle, Washington)
- Zero Emissions Conference
- Zero Emission Coal Process (emissions-free electrical power generation; Los Alamos National Laboratory; Los Alamos, NM)
- Zone Emergency Communications Planner (US DHS/FEMA)
- Zero-Quantum Coherence Correlation Spectroscopy
- Zero Energy Development
- Zero Errors Driving (driving course)
- Zero-Entropy Detection
- Ziegler Electronic Devices (Germany)
- Zonal Employee Discount (est. 1994; airline employee discount program)
- Zoological Email Directory
- Zoonotic and Environmentally Transmitted Diseases
- Zero Energy Deuterium2 (larger version of the ZEEP nuclear reactor, started 1960)
- Zimbabwe Essential Drugs Action Programme (World Health Organization)
- Zentraleinrichtung für Datenverarbeitung
Samples in periodicals archive:
From there, they launched Zero Energy Design (ZED), a firm focused on net-zero energy and ultra-energy-efficient homes.