In recent days, France has reported zero economic growth in 2012 and is facing a similar performance if not worse in early 2013, and unemployment figures this week show a worsening trend, with about 3.
What does ZEG stand for?
ZEG stands for Zero Economic Growth
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of ZEG
We have 2 other meanings of ZEG in our Acronym Attic
- Zero Emissions Forum
- Zero Energy First (UK)
- Zero-Employment Family (China)
- Zimbabwe Exiles Forum (Pretoria, South Africa)
- Zygote Embryo Fetus
- Zimmerman Evangelical Free Church (Minnesota)
- Effective Impedance
- Zero Emission Fossil Fuel Power Plants
- Zentraler Firmen Index
- Zero Emission Fuel Saver
- Zero Energy Growth
- Ziff Energy Group (Canada and US)
- Zveza Ekoloskih Gibanj (Slovenian: Ecological Movement Alliance)
- Zweirad Einkaufs Genossenschaft (German: Two-Wheeler Purchasing Cooperative)
- Zweirad Experten Gruppe (German: Zweirad Expert Group; biking)
- Zambia Export Growers Association
- Zygotic/Embryonic Genome Activation (animal sciences)
- Zentrum für Experimentelle Gesellschaftsgestaltung (German)
- Zero Energy Home
- Zone d'Extension d'Habitat (French: Habitat Area Extension; Belgium)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Mustapha Kamel Nabli, Tunisia Central Bank (TCB) Governor, who forecasts a zero economic growth rate in 2011, or even a negative one, which will imply a drop in the rate of employment creation.
The Bank of Italy calculated last month that even with yields of 8 percent and zero economic growth, all else being equal debt -- at a mountainous 120 percent of GDP -- would remain stable for the next three years.
The Egyptian economy, which depends in large part on tourism, has seen a dramatic drop in tourist arrivals and near zero economic growth during and after the revolt that ousted former president Hosni Mubarak in February.
We expect a zero economic growth in the second quarter of 2010, and a positive growth of 1% by the end of the year.
While the official state media, the CBC, focuses nightly on Canadian's contribution of 2,500 soldiers in the battle for Afghan democracy, an unlikely victory, we are left to wonder about high bank profits and crumpled retirement saving, joblessness, and a zero economic growth rate predicted for Manitoba in 2010.
Since we began investing heavily in Latin America--in '97 and '98--we suffered the fallout from the Asian economic crisis, which battered all emerging markets and essentially meant zero economic growth.