The reason I objected to this latest increase is because I believe that if all major spending departments had carried out a zero based budget for 2009/2010 the need to inflict this crippling 4.
What does ZB stand for?
ZB stands for Zero Based
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ZB
We have 4 other meanings of ZB in our Acronym Attic
- Zentrum für Aus- und Weiterbildung des Mittelstandes (German: Center for Education and Training of the Middle Class; Belgium)
- Zero Administration for Windows (Microsoft)
- Zoo and Wildlife Society (Cornell University; Ithaca, NY)
- Zimbabwe Agricultural Welfare Trust (UK)
- Zaporozhsky Avtomobilny Zavod (Ukrainian car manufacturer)
- Zaragoza, Spain - Zaragoza (Airport Code)
- Zucker-Abrahams-Zucker (movie producers)
- Zaphod Beeblebrox (character in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
- Zen Buddhism
- Zero Beat
- ZettaByte (10^21 or one sextillion bytes)
- ZigBee (wireless technology)
- Zimmer Mit Bad (German: room with bath)
- Zinc Blend
- Ziraat Bankasi (Agricultural Bank of the Republic of Turkey)
- Zodiac Beauchamp
- Zone Blanche (French: White Zone; European ecovillage pilot program)
- Zone Boundary
- Zoom Back (cinematography)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Gajrawala attributes this to higher contributions from ABI's much-vaunted Zero Based Budgeting and procurement savings.
The commission set a land value of zero based on evidence of high levels of lead and arsenic contamination, and a value for the building at $398,166, a figure reached by using the standard replacement cost new less depreciation method.