Daruma dolls, representing the Indian priest Bodhidharma, the founder of Zen Buddhism in China, is used to bring luck.
What does ZB stand for?
ZB stands for Zen Buddhism
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ZB
We have 4 other meanings of ZB in our Acronym Attic
- Zakynthos Animal Welfare Fund (Greece)
- Zanzibar Writers Initiative (Zanzibar, Tanzania)
- Zentrum für Aus- und Weiterbildung des Mittelstandes (German: Center for Education and Training of the Middle Class; Belgium)
- Zero Administration for Windows (Microsoft)
- Zoo and Wildlife Society (Cornell University; Ithaca, NY)
- Zimbabwe Agricultural Welfare Trust (UK)
- Zaporozhsky Avtomobilny Zavod (Ukrainian car manufacturer)
- Zaragoza, Spain - Zaragoza (Airport Code)
- Zucker-Abrahams-Zucker (movie producers)
- Zaphod Beeblebrox (character in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
Samples in periodicals archive:
6 ( ANI ): British Labour Party leader Ed Miliband has revealed that he uses a philosophy based on ancient Zen Buddhism to help him cope with the pressures of frontline politics.
With a touch of western philosophy, the couple do well in introducing readers and introducing them to the ins and outs of Zen Buddhism, "Tending the Fire" is an excellent addition to spirituality, philosophy, or Buddhist collections.
Most recently, he has completed a translation of the masterwork of Dogen Zenji, founder of Soto Zen Buddhism in Japan, titled "Shobogenzo, the Treasury of the True Dharma Eye.
The full, original Chinese text with an accompanying list of Chinese names for texts, places and the like along with extensive notes enhances this essential Mahayana reference enthusiastically recommended for Zen Buddhism reference shelves.
General semantics and Zen Buddhism also share the belief "that the world of abstraction is an 'illusion'; that even the object world of concrete phenomena is an 'illusion' of abstraction"; they do not seek to escape this "illusion" but to penetrate it.