Washington, April 18 ( ANI ): A new study has highlighted the importance of zebrafish as a model organism for human disease research.
What does ZF stand for?
ZF stands for Zebrafish
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ZF
We have 3 other meanings of ZF in our Acronym Attic
- Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung (German: Centre for European Economic Research)
- Zimbabwe Election Watch (political project)
- Zoo, Exotics and Wildlife Club (various universities)
- Zweckverband Entsorgungsregion West (German: Zweckverband Disposal Western Region; Eschweiler, Germany)
- Zimbabwe Emergency Water and Sanitation Program
- Zaklad Energetyczny Warszawa Teren SA (Polish: Department of Energy Warsaw - Land SA)
- Zentrum Energie Wasser und Umwelttechnik (German)
- Zebra Extreme (counter-strike team)
- Free Balloon (US Navy)
- Zahnradfrabrik Friedrichshafen (German transmission type)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Summary: TEHRAN (FNA)- A bioinspired robot has provided the first experimental evidence that live zebrafish can be influenced by engineered robots.
00 Hardcover QL638 Zebrafish are increasingly being used as a model organism to assess compound toxicity, safety, and efficacy of drugs; numerous studies confirm that mammalian and zebrafish toxicity profiles are strikingly similar.
Zebrafish -- the colourful aquarium species -- is a goldmine of genetic information that can be used to understand pathways and mechanisms of practically every human disease from blindness to coronary artery disease.
Otherwise referred to as danio rerio, the zebrafish has become an increasingly popular choice among researchers because of the ease with which zebrafish can be bred and raised, their easily controlled genetic composition and embryonic accessibility, and imaging potential.
Zebrafish (Danio rerio) have Ions been used as a model organism in cellular and developmental biology.
In addition to having backbones and a humanlike nervous system, zebrafish are see-through.
Summit Corporation (AIM: SUMM), a leading UK biotechnology company, has, for the first time seen data generated by its zebrafish technology platform about the safety and toxicity of potential drug candidates form part of a successful submission to the UK's MHRA.