A coalition between the Zanzibar Nationalist Party (ZNP) and Zanzibar and Pemba People's Party (ZNPP) formed the first independence government.
What does ZNP stand for?
ZNP stands for Zanzibar Nationalist Party
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ZNP
We have 9 other meanings of ZNP in our Acronym Attic
- Zaklad Naprawczy Mechanizacji Rolnictwa (Polish: Department of Agricultural Mechanization Repair)
- Non-Rigid Airship Training Squadron (US Navy)
- Non-Rigid Training Airship (US Navy)
- Zahrira News Network (website)
- Zenzibar News Network (noncommercial art and news website)
- Zhang Neural Network
- Zidovska Nabozenska Obec (Slovak: Jewish Community; Slovakia)
- Zinc Oxide
- Zambia National Oil Company
- Zuid Nederlandse Operette Spelers (Dutch: South Dutch Operetta Players)
- Zinc Pyrithione (fungicide)
- Zion National Park
- Zion Nuclear Plant
- Zwiazek Narodowy Polski (Polish: Polish National Alliance)
- Zwiazek Nauczycielstwa Polskiego (Polish trade union)
- Zambia National Provident Fund
- Zeus Numerix Private Limited (computer aided engineering company; India)
- Zeus Numerix Pvt. Ltd. (India)
- Zaporozhye Nuclear Power Plant
- Zimbabwe National Peoples Party (Harare, Zimbabwe)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A series of pre-independence elections revealed two camps: the anti-Sultanate, Africa-oriented, and secular Afro-Shirazi Party (ASP) with a stronghold in the densely populated areas of Unguja; and the pro-Sultanate, Arab World-oriented, and explicitly Islamic Zanzibar Nationalist Party (ZNP) and its Pemban ally (the Zanzibar and Pemban People's Party--ZPPP), which was supported by most Arabs, Asians, far northern Ungujans, Pembans, and those who worked for the state.
He became the Secretary General of Zanzibar's first political party, the Zanzibar Nationalist Party (ZNP).