He ordered an audit of Zanaco--the first ever carried out at a state owned company--after it recorded a loss of 65bn kwacha during the 2000-01 financial year on the back of bad debts, including those owed by Zambia National Oil Company (ZNOC) and copper and cobalt mining firm Roan Antelope Mining Corporation.
What does ZNOC stand for?
ZNOC stands for Zambia National Oil Company
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
- Zimbabwe National Liberation War Veterans Association
- Zakynthos National Marine Park (Greece)
- Zaklad Naprawczy Mechanizacji Rolnictwa (Polish: Department of Agricultural Mechanization Repair)
- Non-Rigid Airship Training Squadron (US Navy)
- Non-Rigid Training Airship (US Navy)
- Zahrira News Network (website)
- Zenzibar News Network (noncommercial art and news website)
- Zhang Neural Network
- Zidovska Nabozenska Obec (Slovak: Jewish Community; Slovakia)
- Zinc Oxide
- Zuid Nederlandse Operette Spelers (Dutch: South Dutch Operetta Players)
- Zanzibar Nationalist Party
- Zinc Pyrithione (fungicide)
- Zion National Park
- Zion Nuclear Plant
- Zwiazek Narodowy Polski (Polish: Polish National Alliance)
- Zwiazek Nauczycielstwa Polskiego (Polish trade union)
- Zambia National Provident Fund
- Zeus Numerix Private Limited (computer aided engineering company; India)
- Zeus Numerix Pvt. Ltd. (India)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The IMF, on the other hand, argues that the bank was a the drain on the treasury as it had continued advancing loans to cash-strapped firms like the now defunct Zambia National Oil Company (ZNOC) and the Roan Antelope Mining Corporation of Zambia (RAMCOZ).
During the World Bank consultative group meeting with donors, held in Lusaka last year, the Zambian government made firm commitments to privatise the Zambia Electricity Supply Corporation (ZESCO), Zambia Telecommunication (ZAMTEL), Zambia National Oil Company (ZNOC), Indeni Oil Refinery and Zambia National Commercial Bank.