He formed the Zambia African National Congress (ZANC) in 1958, which was banned in March 1959.
What does ZANC stand for?
ZANC stands for Zambia African National Congress
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ZANC
We have 1 other meaning of ZANC in our Acronym Attic
- Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance (Robert M. Pirsig novel; also seen as ZMM)
- Zombies Ate My Neighbors (band)
- Zombies Ate My Neighbors (LucasArts video game)
- Zero Angular Momentum Observers
- Zama American Middle School (US DoD Dependent School; Japan)
- Zero-Age Main Sequence (astronomy)
- Zymosan-Activated Mouse Serum
- Social Accounting Matrix for Zambia
- Zoroastrian Association of Metropolitan Washington, Inc.
- Zimbabwe AIDS Network
- Zarthushti Anjuman of Northern California (Zoroastrian association; San Jose, CA)
- Zero Administration Network Distribution Agent
- Zambia National Federation of the Blind
- Zanzibar Non-Governmental Organization Cluster (Tanzania)
- Zambia News and Information Services
- Zemira Alajbegovi and Neven Korda (videographic art team; Slovenia)
- Zimbabwe African National Liberation Army
- Zoroastrian Association of North Texas (religious group; Flower Mound, TX)
- Zimbabwe African National Union
- Zimbabwe African National Union (Patriotic Front)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It was here that the colonial administration deemed a suitable and secure place to detain Kenneth Kaunda, a leading figure in the formation of the Zambia African National Congress, which had almost immediately been banned by invoking emergency legislation.