Our families are all delighted to have us back," said Mark, who has also taken part in other endurance challenges including Marathon Des Sables and the Yukon Arctic Ultra Race.
What does YAU stand for?
YAU stands for Yukon Arctic Ultra (race)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of YAU
- Youth Advocates Through Theater Arts (Dumaguete, Negros Oriental, Philippines)
- Yet Another Thing To Do
- Young Asia Television (Sri Lanka)
- York Against the War (activist group; York, UK)
- Yet Another TLM (Transmission Line Matrix) Work Allocation Daemon (server)
- You Are the Weakest Link
- You Ain't Tanks, You Ain't Stuff (polite form; US military slang)
- You Ain't Tracks, You Ain't Stuff (polite form; used by USMC amphibious track units)
- Yan'an University (Yan'an, China)
- Yezin Agricultural University (Myanmar Ministry of Agriculture)
- Yet Another Useless Acronym
- Yet Another Unit Converter
- Yet Another Unemployed Designer
- York Area United Fire and Rescue (Pennsylvania)
- Yet Another Useless Homepage (German website; yauh.de)
- Yukon Archival Union List
- Yet Another Unsolved Mystery
- Yet Another Useless Methodology
- Yet Another Unix Nerd
- Yet Another Unofficial Rovers Site
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Yukon Arctic Ultra - 515kilometres in six days, with just 18 hours of sleep .
Mr Archer, 53, of Ingleby Way, Blyth, Northumberland, is training for the Yukon Arctic Ultra in Canada, billed as the world's coldest and toughest ultra-marathon.
Paul, 45, a gardener from Formby, was part of a group taking part in the Yukon Arctic Ultra 2006, the coldest and toughest run on earth.
Now they are trying the opposite extreme in the Yukon Arctic Ultra 2006, the coldest and toughest run on earth.