Youngsters from Benllech and members of Pentraeth Youth Club took part in the activities organised by Anglesey Council's Tenant Participation Team, Youth Outreach Worker and PCSO Iona Beckmann.
What does YOW stand for?
YOW stands for Youth Outreach Worker (community service program)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of YOW
We have 1 other meaning of YOW in our Acronym Attic
- Youth Opportunities United, Inc
- Youth Organizing to Understand Conflict and Advocate Non-Violence (aka Youth Canada Association)
- Young Farmers Research and Development Society
- Youth Organizing Urban Revitalization Systems (Baltimore, MD)
- Youth Outreach for Victim Assistance
- Ottawa, Ontario, Canada - McDonald-Cartier International Airport (Airport Code)
- Yidden on Wheels (motorcycle touring club; est. 1995; Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Your Other Warehouse (various locations)
- Your Own Words
- Youth of the Way (religious organization)
- Yankee Onsite Wastewater Association (Gloucester, MA; National Onsite Wastewater Recycling Association, Inc.)
- Your Own Web Directory (website)
- Your Own Worst Enemy (self-help book)
- Year-Old White Female
- Year of Women in Engineering (Australia)
- Why, Oh, Why
- Year On Year
- Year Over Year
- Yes or Yes (Twice song)
- Yield on Year
Samples in periodicals archive:
Michelle Crinnion, a youth outreach worker, who also works as a Police Community Support Officer, has been working on the project.
A further pounds 4,407 will pay for youth outreach workers from Streetscene to hold workshops for young people in the ward.
Police officers, community support officers and traffic CSOs along with Pathfinder officers, youth outreach workers and Streetscene officers, the drugs and alcohol team and local neighbourhood wardens will provide a highly visible presence.
He is keen to further expand on this idea by getting other community organisations, such as youth outreach workers, on board and is looking to recruit more special constables and volunteers from the community who will be able to man the desks at police offices in outlying areas.
It was feared the youth outreach workers project would fold when funding ran out this year, and bosses had told the Evening Telegraph it would leave a "massive void" on the estates.
There are many issues including parental responsibility, the lack of educational achievement, no youth outreach workers and no professional outreach at all.
SENTENCED: Paul Foss, 27, to life in prison for the 1997 murder of gay youth outreach worker Jeff Wahlen in Green Bay, Wis.