Together in the same expansive ballroom in the university's student center were White House and federal health officials, youth AIDS organizers, researchers, filmmakers and teen rappers, students from medical school and middle school, religious leaders and scholars from as far away as Uganda, Peru and India.
What does YA stand for?
YA stands for Youth Aids
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of YA
- Yelberton Abraham Tittle (football quarterback)
- Yellen & Associates (Northridge, CA)
- Yellow Armor (gaming)
- Yellow Armour (Quake)
- Yet Another
- Yield Analysis
- Yläaste (Finnish: school)
- Yleiset Aineet (Finnish, music term)
- Young Adult
- Young Americans (Drum and Bugle Corps)
- Youth Assembly
- Yeah Really
- Yet Another Acronym
- Yet Another Addition
- Yet Another API (Application Programming Interface)
- York Art Association (Maine)
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance (UK)
- Young American Artists (opera)
- Yale Arab Alumni Association (est. 2007; Yale University; New Haven, CT)
- Young African-American Achievers (Yorktown, VA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In addition to her tennis, modeling, and work on 'Biggest Loser,' Kournikova serves as an Ambassador for Population Services International's Five and Alive/ Youth AIDS programs.
But she says they have been reinforced by her role as an international ambassador for Youth AIDS - a charity that helps the families of victims in Africa and the Far East.
Dog tags like those worn by the stars in the ads, including Lord Of The Rings hero Elijah Wood and model Cindy Crawford, will be sold to raise cash for charity Youth AIDS.
Among the least common programs were youth AIDS support programs (3%) and youth health-related services (2%).