Designed by young British artist Naren Wilks, it's based on a short experimental video piece of the same name which emphasised the aesthetics of silent comedy.
What does YBA stand for?
YBA stands for Young British Artist (generation of British artists born between mid-1960s and 1970s)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of YBA
We have 19 other meanings of YBA in our Acronym Attic
- Young Blood
- Young Boys (Swiss sports club)
- Young Buck (rapper)
- Young Bull
- Your Buddy
- Youth Brigade (band)
- Banff, Alberta, Canada (Airport Code)
- Yacht Brokers Association (British Columbia, Canada)
- You'll Be Alright
- Your Bizarre Adventure (gaming; Roblox)
- Youth Basketball Association
- Youth Bowling Association
- Youth Buddhist Association (Hawaii)
- Yacht Brokers Association of America
- Young Black and Asian Achievers (UK)
- Youth Bass Anglers Conservation School (est. 2004; Pennsylvania)
- Yttrium Barium Copper Oxide
- Yildirim Beyazit Anadolu Lisesi (Turkish high school)
- York Business Associates, LLC
Samples in periodicals archive:
THE first solo show of work by former Young British Artist Jenny Saville has been unveiled at Modern Art Oxford, with two more pieces on show alongside Italian Renaissance masterpieces at the Ashmolean Museum.
Il a domine la scene de l'art britannique dans les annees 1990 en tant que membre du groupe des Young British Artists.
The panel also includes Merseyside-born young British artist Fiona Banner, director of the Whitechapel Art Gallery Iwona Blazwick, and Spanish born Angela de la Cruz, another former Turner Prize nominee.
It is 14 years since Tracey Emin appeared in an exhibition called 'Sensation' at the Royal Academy causing scandal but also marking the emergence of a new generation of young British artists.
The painting, displayed in the exclusive Mayfair venue, also showed the former advertising mogul turned patron of the Young British Artists movement alongside some lemons and sheep.
He came to prominence as one of the Young British Artists group in the 1990s.