It is any online use of technology to connect people, enable them to collaborate with each other, and form virtual communities, says the Young Adult Library Services Association.
What does YALS stand for?
YALS stands for Young Adult Library Services (journal of the Young Adult Library Services Association)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of YALS
We have 1 other meaning of YALS in our Acronym Attic
- Yet Another Log Parser (online gaming)
- Yew Chung Arts and Language Program (Mountain View, CA)
- Young Adult Learners Partnership (UK)
- Young Alumni Leadership Program (various universities)
- Youth Acquiring Leadership Principles (Baltimore, MD)
- Youth Adventure Leadership Program (Broome Community College; New York)
- Youth and the Law Project (Australia)
- Yugoslav Air Line Pilots' Association
- Yet Another Linux PDA
- Youth and Adult Leaders for Program Excellence (Act for Youth; Ithaca, NY)
- Young Adult Literacy Survey (est. 1985)
- Youth Aware Life Skills (San Francisco, CA)
- Yugoslav Association of Language Schools (Serbia; est. 1999)
- Young Adult Library Services Association (American Library Association)
- Young Adult Leadership Team (various locations)
- Young Adult Life Transitions Program (New York)
- Yet Another Leak Test Application
- Sault Ste Marie, Ontario, Canada - Sault Ste Marie Airport (Airport Code)
- Ya Ali Madat (Muslim greeting: God Be With You)
- Yale Alumni Magazine
Samples in periodicals archive:
Henry's recent young adult novel, "Girl, Stolen," was named a Young Adult Library Services Association best fiction pick for young adults in 2011.
Ship Breaker" received the 2011 Printz Award given by the Young Adult Library Services Association for "literary excellence in young adult literature.
00 Paperback Z1037 Holley (retired coordinator of school libraries in Fairfax County, Virginia) compiles a decade's worth of information for titles featured in the Young Adult Library Services Association's two annual lists: Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults and Quick Picks for Reluctant Readers.