Yorkshire Water Authority said that measures to save water had not been adequate and standpipes would be in use in a fortnight''s time.
What does YWA stand for?
YWA stands for Yorkshire Water Authority
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of YWA
We have 4 other meanings of YWA in our Acronym Attic
- Yottawatt (10^24 watts)
- You're Welcome
- Youkai Watch (gaming)
- Young Wizards (online forum)
- Young Women (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints youth program)
- Young Writer (writer aged 12 to 22)
- Yreka Western Railroad
- Youkai Watch 2 (gaming)
- Yachting Western Australia
- Yellow Wood Associates (est. 1985; Vermont)
- Young Women of Achievement (Women's Information Network)
- Yorkshire Wolds and Coast (primary care trust; UK)
- Yellow Wagtail (bird species)
- Your Wings Are Mine (Manga by Aoi Hayashi)
- Youth With A Mission
- Youth with a Mission - Mercy Relief and Development Asia
- Young Worker Awareness Program (Canada)
- Youth with a Purpose
- Yellow Warbler (bird species Dendroica petechia)
- Young Workers Advisory Service (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Yorkshire Water Authority, which inherited the land from the Hull Corporation, said they had no plans for development for 25 years.
An interesting example concerning implicit "bargains" involves the Yorkshire Water authority in England.
Whippet `fanciers' had rented a strip of riverbank land from Yorkshire Water Authority since 1971.
A lack of rain during April and May had reduced reservoir stocks to such an extent that the Yorkshire Water Authority said Huddersfield could face a hosepipe ban.