A septillionth, a decimal point followed by 24 zeroes, takes the yocto prefix under an international system adopted in 1991.
What does y stand for?
y stands for Yocto (prefix for one septillionth, 10^ -24)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of y
- Yahoo! (Internet search engine)
- Yankee (aviation letter code)
- Yen (Japanese currency)
- YMCA or YWCA (Young Men's Christian Association or Young Women's Christian Association)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Yocto is the smallest prefix recognised by the International System of Units (SI), which was first developed in the 18th century.